Camvac Limited is a company with over 50 years experience in specialist vacuum coating (metallising) and more than 25 years experience in lamination.
The company is based in Thetford, Norfolk and has four production metallisers plus two laminators capable of producing multi-layer structures using adhesive and thermal lamination.
The products of Camvac Limited are used in a wide range of barrier and decorative packaging applications as well as a variety of industrial applications.
An opportunity has arisen in our Research and Development department for a Process Technician to join our team and support the Process Development Manager. Ideally we are looking for an enthusiastic person who has experience in packaging film conversion techniques.
Key responsibilities of this position are:
- Carrying out agreed trials on the development and production machines.
· Assist the commissioning of new and existing vacuum coating technologies.
· Assist the development of key projects from initial concept to full production scale.
- Producing clear reports and providing good quality plans
- Analysing technical problems and recommending solutions/new approaches.
- Deputising for the Process Development Manager in his absence on agreed matters.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of an HNC or equivalent in an engineering or science related subject, be accurate and competent in the use of computers and possess good communication skills. Normal working hours are 37.50 per week - Monday to Friday- but flexibility, and a willingness to travel, on occasion, is also a vital part of this role.
Please sent current CV with covering letter to:
Sue Lockwood, HR Manager, Camvac Limited, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 3QY.
Web Site: www.camvaclimited.com
posted 25 Nov 2010